- Basics of Alzheimer’s Disease (PDF Brochure)
- Understanding Alzheimer’s and Dementia (PDF Brochure)
- Differentiating Dementias (PDF)
- Distinguishing Different Dementias (PDF)
- Types of Dementia
- Behaviour Management of Dementia (PDF)
- Cue Cards for Dementia Care – Golden Carers (PDF)
- Stages of Alzheimer’s & Dementia: Durations & Scales Used to Measure Progression: GDS, FAST & CDR
- The Dementia Guide: Living well after diagnosis
- Active Minds – Since 2010 Active Minds have been researching and developing activities to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia. Our mission is and will continue to be, to create positive, mindfully designed, person-centred activity products and games to help people lead active lives.
- The Alzheimer’s Store – The Alzheimer’s Store is proud to offer a wide range of hand-selected Alzheimer’s products to ease a person’s discomfort and help them live in a safer home environment with a sense of independence. Whether caring for an Alzheimer’s patient in a professional capacity or caring for a loved-one at home, The Alzheimer’s Store can help you find the right product to make life easier, safer and more engaging!
- “When I Wander” – A printable poem.
- Dementia Research: MindCrowd – Participate in their collaborative effort to help us learn more about brain-related diseases.
- SEXUALITY ASSESSMENT TOOL (SexAT) for residential aged care facilities (PDF) – This tool assess the facility, not the resident.
Program & Activity Resources:
- 6 Dimensions of Wellness: For anyone working with clients in the area of wellness, these resources may be useful. The 6 Dimensions of Wellness Model (PDF) | Wellness Wheel (PDF) | Balancing Your Wellness Wheel (PDF) | Balancing Your Wellness Wheel (PDF) | Wellness Worksheets (PDF)
- Daily Sparkle – How can a deceptively simple tool such as a newspaper transform the culture of a care home, day centre, or hospital ward?
- Short Story Websites: 31 Classic Short Stories | Short Story Project | Short Story Guide
- Caregivers Activity Source – A place to explore activity opportunities that enrich the lives of elders.
- Templates – Free to download and print.
- Step by Step Painting Guide (PDF)
- Step by Step Painting – A great website for finding step by step painting instructions. The newer guides are available for download.
- Dice Games: 25 Family Dice Games | 16 Dice Games | Dice & Card Games | Dice Game Rules (PDF)
- Dance & Depression: Dance Intervention for Adolescent Girls | Is Dance/Movement Therapy an Effective Treatment for Depression in Students? | Dancing Away the Blues | Dance Movement Therapy in the Treatment of Depression | A guide to what works for depression in young people | Research on the Efficacy of Dance/Movement Therapy is Growing
Other Tools & Resources: