Oh boy! A whole bunch of stuff!
- Caregivers Alberta’s Movie Night featuring the Caregiver’s Club
Date & Time: Feb. 28 – 6:30 – 9pm
Education & Professional Development Opportunities:
- Laughter, Wellness – Laughter Online University
- AHS – Provincial Seniors Health Portfolio – Palliative and End of Line Care – While establishing the importance of keeping the public informed about initiatives/best practice, there is a survey to find if their resources (newsletter/bulletin) are meeting the public needs.
Survey ID is 8lK35m630/
Survey will close March 1, 2019
- Improving mealtime experiences: I’m currently in a TR Research course and in one of my assignments I took a look at mealtime experience. In my searching I came across a few resources that I’d like to share: Improving mealtime experiences: I’m currently in a TR Research course and in one of my assignments I took a look at mealtime experience. In my searching I came across a few resources that I’d like to share:
- Health Care and Religious Beliefs – a resource by AHS that highlights
the most pertinent issues of a patient’s spiritual and religious care.
- Ambient Activity Technologies ABBEY.
- For reminiscing with older clients – The Canadian Nursing History Collection
- Templates, templates, and more templates!
- Minute to WinIt Games Ideas & more Minute to WinIt – Printable.
- MyTools4Care – Support care partners of persons with dementia.
- I realize this is now late, however, it is still valuable! A lovely PDF for Christmas full of great printables.
- City of Edmonton Intergenerational Programming Toolkit
- Recreation and Wellness Directory for Older Adults – Edmonton
Seniors Coordinating Council
- Arts & Aging Toolkit – Edmonton Seniors Coordinating Council
- Arts & Aging Toolkit – Creativity Matters
- Senior Theatre – Resources
Blogs & Websites:
- Grow Through Flow – A new TR blog that everyone should be following!
- Not Just Bingo – Activities and resources.
- Education.com – Activity resources for kids
- reCreation Potentials – Expressive Arts for TR
TR Month Resources:
- ReCreative Resources – TR Month resources
Good day TR friends! Apologies for such a gap in posts, what a whirlwind the last 6 months have been! Sadly, there have been some opportunities that I had wanted to share, but they have since come and gone – I am still going to post these items, as they may prove to be a connection point for those that are interested in the information.
Continue reading “Emptying out the Inbox – December 2018”
Wow, what a whirlwind of a month! Like me, can you believe its almost July?!
Well, that means that I should empty out the inbox again… So here is a mash-up of things that I came across and wanted to share:
Continue reading “Emptying out the Inbox – June 2018”
Good evening TR friends – I’ve got another jam-packed list for you again this month!
Continue reading “Emptying out the Inbox – May 2018”
Quite often when I come across interesting or relevant information, I email it to myself, thinking, ‘I’ll add that to the blog later’… But when it comes time to add a new post or information, I often struggle with organization and maintaining fresh, up to date, dynamic content. Any bloggers out there who want to offer some friendly advice, I’m all ears!
So today, I’m going to post a LONG one in an attempt to clean out my inbox!
Continue reading “Emptying out the inbox!”
I know, I know… It’s not even really spring yet and here I am talking about October… But you want me to mention this… In my random searches, I came across what will be perhaps the most inspiring set of keynote speakers coming together at one conference, and I figured the world would want to know about it!
Continue reading “Building Dementia Awareness Conference – October 2018”
Local Education: Designed for volunteers and community members, the Light Up Your Life Tri-Community Palliative/Hospice and Continuing Care Society and the Good Samaritan Care Centres (Spruce Grove & Stony Plain) are providing a Palliative Care 2-Day Program.
Topics: What is Palliative Care, Communication, Family Dynamics, Spirituality, Approaching the End Stage of Life, Coping with Loss and Grief, Using What I have Discovered, and Self Care.
Dates: May 5 & 12, 2018
Registration deadline is April 27th – call 780-962-8503.
Local Event: On May 12th at Holy Trinity Catholic Church join in for a Ladies Night Out Fashion Show – featuring local vendors and entertainment by Bare ‘n Von Hair! Click the poster for more details!
National Volunteer Week (NVW) is a time to celebrate and thank Canada’s 12.7 million volunteers. I’d love to hear how your facility is celebrating this April 15 – 21st, comment below!
Continue reading “National Volunteer Week! – April 15 – 21, 2018”
While searching around for education opportunities, I came across an incredible document that has been put together by the AHS Edmonton Zone and the University of Alberta (I think!). It may very well be the most comprehensive listing I’ve seen to date!
Continue reading “Learning Events – April +”
1) I don’t have to be musically inclined in order to use aspects of music in care.
2) Every caregiver, professional or not, can implement aspects of music during care (see point #1).
Out of the many, these were my two biggest take-homes from the Level One session.
Continue reading “Music in Care – Room 217”